Spring is Here Ladies and Gentlemen! Spring is such a fun time of the year, especially when you have kiddos to entertain. With the weather getting warmer and all of the parks and such opening up, this makes for a really fun and good time for the kids. If you and the kids are always cooped up in the house during Spring Break and you are looking for some things to do, look no further! Today I am going to be sharing with you 10 super-fun activities to do with the kids that will allow you to get out of the house and enjoy the warm sun and fresh Spring air.
1. Go to a Local Park: If you have a local park close by, you can drive over or even walk over together if it’s close enough and just spend the afternoon there together. Trust me, your kids could probably spend all day long there and if you have the time, let them. LOL You can bring along a book or something to keep you occupied while they have fun and play.
2. Watergun Fight: A great way for the kids to have fun and also stay cool if the temperatures get to be a bit higher is to have a good old water gun fight! It’s a great way to have fun with a bit of friendly competition and the water helps to cool everyone down a little bit.
3. Start a Garden: Spring is the perfect time to start a garden and this is also a great hobby to spend with your kiddos. Show them what it means to garden and grow plants and trust me, the kiddos love to watch the plants sprout and grow.
4. Spray Chalk: To put a twist on your basic sidewalk chalk, try spray chalk! It is such a simple recipe, all you need to do is mix equal parts of baking soda and cornstarch and fill a spray bottle about 1/3 of the way, and then fill the rest with water and a few drops of food coloring. There you have it, spray chalk!
5. Backyard Obstacle Course: A good way to get some exercise for your kiddos and have fun at the same time is to set up a backyard obstacle course. Get yourself some cones and set up a fun little course for them to run through.
6. Camp in the Backyard: If you’re a working parent, you can’t always get up and leave to go camping or something, BUT you can still have that experience at home. Simply set up a tent for you all to sleep and you can still have the fun camping experience in the convenience of your backyard.
7. Bug Hunt: Let’s face the facts, kids love bugs. Not exactly sure why, but they do! lol Your kiddos can go on a little bit of a bug hunt adventure and find various different bugs outside and learn about what each one is and what it does.
8. Arts & Crafts: Although Spring is when the weather starts getting nice, it is also the season for rain showers as well. On those rainy days where you gotta stay in, it is great to come up with some fun arts and crafts that the kiddos can do inside for rainy days.
9. Messy Twister: If you want to have a fun family game night, I highly recommend messy twister! It’s just like your average game of twister but get some paint and put big blobs of paint on the corresponding colors, this way as you play your twister everyone gets covered in paint. It is such a fun time and you all look ridiculous after the game is over!
10. Make Homemade Ice Cream: Everyone loves a good dish of ice cream! Did you know you can make your own ice cream very simply at home! It’s sort of like a science experiment with your kids that in the end you get to eat!
If you’re looking for something good and fun to do with your kids this Spring, try out some of these things, and I can guarantee you will have a blast! These are great Spring-time activites for kids, and they are all great for the parents to join in as well!